Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Self Framed Bag - THE NOTEBOOK CONCEPT






















The idea of the self framed bag to me invoked the idea of a book. The front and back covers being the opening to a book. I began to think about the diffrent types of books there are. Novels, encyclopedias, textbooks, sketchbooks, notebooks etc. I liked the idea of a journal or sketchbook being the basis of my design. The following is research on books, drawings, doodles, and other various markmakings styles that peaked my intrest. A book cannot exist without a marks. It all begins with the stroke of a hand. The concept for my self framed bag came from this thought. I like the idea that the bag is in itself a "notebook" with the contense telling it's own story about the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment